Congress postponed to 16-18 June 2022
- Early Identification of Hearing Loss (screening and diagnosis)
- Intervention and Rehabilitation (strategies and technologies)
- Hearing Loss: Mechanisms, Effects and Medical Issues
- Epidemiology of Hearing Loss
- Auditory Perception
- Auditory Processing Disorders
- Cognitive Decline and Dementia in relation to hearing loss
- Listening effort and fatigue
- Amplification: technologies and strategies
- Cochlear Implants: state-of-the-art
- Speech Perception/Speech Development
- Genetic Issues
- Auditory Neuropathy
- e-Health and m-Health
- Etiology and Medical Issues
- Family Empowerment
- Family Perspectives
- Other (please specify)
Due to the continuing state of emergency due to COVID-19, the HEAL Conference, originally scheduled for 4-6 June 2020 and then moved to 3-5 June 2021, has finally been rescheduled for 16-18 June 2022.
The abstracts already accepted for the 2020 congress will be considered valid also for the 2022 edition.
The submission of new abstracts is also welcome before the deadline of October 31st, 2021.
1) If your abstract has already been accepted, do not submit it again, as all accepted abstracts have been transferred to HEAL 2022
2) If you wish to update/substitute your abstract, you can perform this operation until October 31st, 2021, final deadline >> by accessing your personal area through the submission link and inserting your credentials (username + abstract PIN).
Please note that in order for submitters to be able to access their personal area and update their abstract without assistance, we have changed all abstracts’ status from “accepted” to “sent”.
3) Submissions received after the initial deadline will receive the confirmation of acceptance by the new deadline for notification, November 30th 2021.
4) If you wish to withdraw your abstract, please notify us as quickly as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org stating the title and ID number of the abstract to be withdrawn
New deadline for abstract submission/modification: October 30th, 2021
Notification of acceptance for new or modified abstracts: November 30th, 2021
New deadline for authors’ registration: March 31st, 2022
To send your abstract you will have to access the ONLINE SUBMISSION SYSTEM: abstracts sent by fax or mail will not be considered.
Before starting the submission process, please check the submission guidelines.
- Abstracts should only be submitted online
- The deadline for abstract submission is October 30th, 2021 (new deadline)
- All abstracts must be submitted and presented in English
- Abstracts should be based on any of the topic areas listed above
- Abbreviations should be defined the first time they appear in your text. Example: HEA (Higher Education Area), before being used as an abbreviation only. Please, do not define or use abbreviations in the title.
- Tables, charts or other graphics may not be included and will be deleted by the editors.
- Keywords: please list 3-5 keywords at the bottom of your abstract.
- Abstracts may not have more than 700 words.
- Authors should indicate their presentation preference: oral or poster. The Programme Committee reserves the right to decide on the final allocation and presentation method.
- After sending* your abstract, you will receive an email with your userID and you abstract ID (PIN code) in case you want to access the system again to check your submission.
Once the abstract has been sent it cannot be modified any more. Authors are responsible for verifying that all information sent is correct, as it will be reproduced exactly as submitted
- If you encounter any problems during the submission process or if you wish to withdraw or amend your abstract or you do not receive any confirmation by email please contact the Conference Secretariat at: email@example.com
- The notification of acceptance/rejection of the abstracts submitted will be sent to the corresponding author via email by November 30th, 2021.
* To make sure your abstract has actually been sent, remember:
1. After completing all online fields, click on “Save”. The system will open a preview of the general information you inserted; if all is correct click on “Check abstract status”: the complete abstract will appear. After checking it, you can cancel it or click on “Confirm” at the bottom of the preview.
2. After closing the preview, you must click on “I approve my submission”, whereupon you close the preview. Now you must click on “Confirm and send” to complete the submission.
3. If the procedure has been applied correctly, the following pop-up will appear:
“Abstract Submission Completed. Thank you! Your abstract has been successfully submitted and your data have been properly uploaded. An e-mail with confirmation will be sent to the address indicated, with further information. If you don't receive this message, please contact the Organizing Secretariat to check for errors in the transmission.”
At least one author per presented abstract is requested to register at the HEAL 2022 Conference bu March 31st, 2022.
Failure to register will result in the exclusion of the paper. Kindly advise if you wish to withdraw your abstract or if you wish to make any other changes (different presenter or change from oral to poster), so that the programme can be amended accordingly.
We recommend authors register through the same link used to submit their paper, which will be reactivated in November 2021.
The abstract book will be available on line as a PDF file . Submission of an abstract implies consent by the authors to have it published by the conference in the abstract book.
LAST UPDATE: March 8, 2021